Richmond VA > Services

Last Updated: 2010-01-09


Service Name Service Business Unit Date Updated
Day Care For information on day care for recipients of Aid-to-Dependent Children, call the City of Richmond, Social Services, at (804)646-7407. If you wish to become a licensed provider of day care you may call State of Virginia, Social Services at (804)662-9743. To provide day care within the unlicensed guidelines, you may call the City of Richmond, Social Services, at (804)646-7407. Not a city services 2009-11-01
Death Certificates The Commonwealth of Virginia's Department of Vital Statistics provides copies of medical records and death certificates for deaths that occur in the city. Call The Office of Vital Records at (804)662-6200 or visit the office at Suite 275, 1601 Willow Lawn Drive, inside the Shops at Willow Lawn mall. Only members of the immediate family will be granted a copy of the death certificate, and picture identification must be presented. Not a city services 2009-11-01
Deeds The Circuit Court in the John Marshall Courts Building handles requests for deeds. The building is located at 400 North 9th St.Map It The records are located in the Circuit Court record room, Room LL4, in the basement. For more information, please call (804)646-6530. Circuit Court 2009-11-01
Domestic Violence If an emergency situation exists call the police at 911. The police non-emergency number is (804)646-5100. Richmond Behavioral Health Authority provides mental health counseling for domestic violence victims and can be reached at (804)819-4000. To contact the YWCA Women's Advocacy Program, call (804)643-0888. The National Domestic Violence Hotline is 1-800-799-SAFE (7233). Behavioral Health Authority 2009-11-01
Driver's License, License Plates, Registration, and Car Title All new residents of the City of Richmond who own motor vehicles have 30 days from the date of their arrival to register those vehicles with both the Commonwealth of Virginia and the City. To register your vehicle with the Commonwealth of Virginia, obtain license plates, be issued a driver's license, or make any changes to your vehicle's title, contact the Department of Motor Vehicles(DMV) at (804)367-0538 or visit their Richmond office at 2300 W. Broad St.Map It Not a city services 2009-11-01
Ditches/Maintenance Contact the Department of Public Utilities at (804)646-4646 with requests for maintenance work on ditches. Public Utilities 2020-09-01
Drainage Problems/City Property Contact the Department of Public Utilities at (804)644-3000 for drainage problems on public property such as ditches, streets and roadsides. Public Utilities 2009-07-09
Dogwood Dell Dogwood Dell is a City owned and operated open-air performance center. The Department of Parks, Recreation, and Community Facilities manages this facility and plans the public events. The summer Festival of Arts at Dogwood Dell is the longest running series of its kind in the city. For a complete listing of events, click here or call (804)646-DELL. Parks and Recreation 2009-11-01
Auditor Reports Issued FOIA Request Code Red graphic

This is a print version of the webpage. The navigation of the site has been removed through the print css. If you require a printout of the page as it looks in your browser, please use screen capture.

Code Red graphicKeeping Citizens Informed!